If you have a training opportunity you want posted here, please submit your information.
- Becoming Mandated Supporters: Creating a 21st Century Child Well-Being System-Strengthening Families Training Institute – Idaho Children’s Trust Fund
- Training Materials – Office for Victims of Crime Training & Technical Assistance Center
- Pathways in the Victim Services Field
- Cyberharassment and Cyberstalking
- Building Trauma-Informed Organizations
- This training is designed for those responsible for designing and implementing their organization’s programs and policies. It will be delivered online, over the course of 5 weeks, beginning on March 1, 2021. Each week, except for the introductory week, will include a facilitated webinar. In addition to attending the webinar, you can expect to spend an hour per week completing written assignments and readings or watching a video. CEUs will be awarded for this training. You will find the training schedule here. This training is part of the NVAA Advanced Skills Institute and, like all OVC TTAC trainings, there is no cost to participate. Please note: Space is limited, so apply today to reserve your spot.
Idaho Risk Assessment of Dangerousness (IRAD) – Lunch and Learn
To register (and receive the virtual training link) please email Laura Kiehl at email@example.com
Florida State University
Institute for Justice Research and Development – How to Build Funding, Evaluation, and an Evidence Base for Nonprofits
Polyvictimization in Later Life
Polyvictimization in Later Life is a 6-hour web-based training presented in five modules. The purpose of the training is to strengthen awareness of polyvictimization in later life and to provide knowledge and skills of professionals to address the needs of victims.
How to Get Started
- Visit the Polyvictimization in Later Life page to learn more about the training.
- No registration is required. You can take the course right from the OVC TTAC website.
- Let your colleagues know that this FREE training is available to help those new to the field or as a refresher for experienced professionals.
Benefits of Training
- No costs attached. Polyvictimization in Later Life is free training you can take at your own pace.
- Information you need to know. Five modules are available, including:
- Module 1: The Context of Polyvictimization
- Module 2: Older Adults Affected by Polyvictimization
- Module 3: Perpetrators of Late Life Polyvictimization
- Module 4: Working With Older Adults Affected by Polyvictimization
- Module 5: Lessons Learned from the Polyvictimization in Later Life Project
OVC’s Training and Technical Assistance Center (OVC TTAC) provides training to support professional development, enhance services to the community, and expand outreach to underserved victims of crime.